An outstanding scientific reputation
Swiss academic institutions enjoy an outstanding scientific reputation throughout the world with regard to basic and applied research. This reputation is largely the result of substantial cooperation between universities and industry.
According to recent international bibliographic studies, Switzerland is highly ranked for the number of publications in several core biotech disciplines such as immunology (ranked 1st), molecular biology (ranked 2nd) and pharmacology (ranked 3rd).
The Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences are committed in particular to the fields of foresight and ethics and promote the dialogue between science and society.
The association of the «Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences» includes
- the Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT),
- the Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences (SAHS),
- the Swiss Academy of Medical Sciences (SAMS), and
- the Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences (SATW),
- as well as the two Centres for Excellence TA-SWISS and Science et Cité. Their collaboration is focused on early detection, ethic and the dialogue between science and society.